Life can get busy and challenging sometimes, but with a little help from technology, it doesn’t have to be. There are tons of gadgets on the market you can use to improve your everyday routine, without breaking the bank. We’ve compiled our list of faves to use for every room in the house . Some will save you money and time, and others are so clever that you’ll wish you thought of them first.
- Nest Learning Thermostat – Save on your electric bill by investing in a smart home thermostat. The Nest Smart Home Thermostat programs itself by learning your schedule and the temperatures you like to keep during different times of the day.
- Roomba – Are you finding yourself sweeping the floor on the daily, picking up hair, dust, and crumbs? We’ve got the best hands-free solution. Although it is without a doubt on the pricier side, a Roomba is the ultimate device in easy home cleaning. Allowing you to connect and clean from anywhere, this smart vacuum maps and adapts to your home’s nooks and crannies, empties its own debris, and allows you to control it from your smartphone. There are different versions of the product available with varying functionalities, so you can buy the one that best suits your needs.
- Smart Wired Doorbell – Ok, so this isn’t exactly for your living room, but this smart doorbell always lets you know who is ringing your door without having to leave the comforts of your couch, or anywhere else in the home for that matter. With the built in camera that is connected to your app, you can decide when and who to open your door too! The newer versions even come equipped with a built-in microphone which allows you to speak to your guests too.
- Mug Warmer – Never again do you have to worry about taking a sip of cold coffee or tea that you forgot about. Not with this handy device will make sure to keep your fave hot drink at the perfect temperature all day long.
- Wi-fi Range Extender – With work-from-home, online learning, streaming and more, getting bumped off the internet is bound to happen. With a wi-fi range extender, you can boost your wi-fi signal and get the fastest streaming power. It’s also useful to set up separate wi-fi networks for guests.
- Laptop Cooling Pad – Excessive heat harms the performance of any electronic device. To make sure your laptop stays cool, invest in a cooling pad. The pad will ensure your device stays at the perfect temperature for maximum work performance.
- Bag Sealer – Tired of reaching for your favorite snack only to find out it’s stale? What you need is a bag re-sealer that keeps your snacks oh-so fresh.
- Smart Plug – This little gadget plugs into any outlet in the kitchen and lets you control your connected appliances and devices via your smartphone. You’ll never have to wonder if you switched off the coffee machine after you’ve left the house again.
- Electric Jar Opener – Because we all deserve to live in a world where we don’t need to ask someone else to open our salsa, sauces, or jams, let’s do it ourselves with the simple push of a button.
Bedroom and Bathroom
- Philips Sunrise Simulation Alarm Clock – Waking up to the blaring noise of an alarm clock in the morning is not ideal, and setting an alarm on your phone makes it too easy to hit the snooze button. To make your mornings easier, and ensure you actually get out of bed, try this Philips alarm clock with 20 different brightness settings and five different natural sound settings which will gently wake you up.
- Showerhead Speaker – For those who love to sing, you can add some fun to your shower experience with this showerhead that doubles as a wireless speaker. You can easily gear up or wind down with the perfect soundtrack or your favorite podcast turning any shower into an immersive sensory experience.
- Motion-activated lights – How many times have you woken up in the night and stumbled around trying to find the bathroom light, painfully crashing into furniture as you go? These motion sensor LED lights will (hopefully) prevent that. You can put these lights anywhere from your closet to your bathroom wall, and they will light the way to get you where you need to go without straining your eyes.
- Solar Powered Lights – Solar lights are an energy-efficient way to brighten up your yard without spending too much.
- Multi Tool – A stainless steel multi-tool is something you can fit neatly into your wallet and whip out like a super spy in any emergency while on-the-go. You never know when you’ll need a bottle opener, wrench, ruler, or screwdriver.
- Smart Water Bottle – Staying hydrated is always important especially when you’re outdoors. These multi-functional water bottles track your water intake and light up to remind you to drink, all controlled through an app on your phone powered by bluetooth.
Of course, there isn’t a magic product that can solve it all, but these items, large and small, will have a huge impact on making life’s mundane tasks that much easier to handle.