This summer, don’t spend your hard-earned cash on the newest iced coffee creation that is being advertised at your fave coffee shop. Instead, experiment with being your own barista and try one of these five easy iced coffee recipes at home.
1. Classic Iced Coffee
There are tons of fancy iced coffee concoctions out there, but sometimes your classic iced coffee is all you need.
- 1 cup coffee, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons half and half, or more, to taste
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Brew your coffee the night before so that it is room temperature by the morning.
- Create some simple syrup by combining the sugar and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Let cool completely and stir in vanilla extract; set aside in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve coffee over ice with half and half and simple syrup, adding 1 teaspoon at a time, to taste.
2. Iced Latte
It’s time to channel your inner barista and make that $7 latte in the comfort of your own home.
- ½ cup of ice
- ⅓ cup of milk
- 2 shots of espresso
- Pour your milk over the ice*.
- Brew two shots of espresso over the milk mixture.
- Stir together and enjoy!
* You can use a milk frother to froth your milk if desired*
3. Brown Sugar Cinnamon Shaken Iced Espresso
The name may sound overwhelming, but it’s actually a very simple process with a delicious end result.
- Shaker cup
- Milk frother (if desired)
- Brew your espresso over the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- As your espresso brews, froth your milk.
- Add ice to your shaker cup and pour in the espresso mixture. Shake the mixture until the beverage is cold.
- Pour shaken espresso mixture into a new glass. Add more ice if you desire.
- Pour milk over top, stir and enjoy!
4. Iced Mocha
Add some chocolatey goodness to your morning java!
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup strong brewed cold coffee
- 2 good squirts (more or less to taste) of chocolate syrup
- Mason jar (or any cup) with lid full of ice
- Optional whipped cream
- Squirt your chocolate sauce into an empty mason jar.
- Add the ice.
- Pour your coffee and milk over top.
- Seal the lid and give it a few good shakes until the chocolate sauce is fully incorporated!
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle and enjoy!
5. Vanilla Frap
Treat yourself to a little something extra with this vanilla frap.
- ½ cup of Brewed coffee or espresso
- ¾ cup of Milk
- 1-2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Ice cubes
1. Place ingredients in a blender.
2. Transfer to a glass or a jar.
3. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream scoop (optional).
With these five easy iced coffee recipes, there is no reason to spend money at a coffee shop. You can be your own barista by checking the Flipp App for the best deals on iced coffee essentials.