The health and safety of Flipp users is our top priority. Experts agree that skipping the checkout line and getting your groceries delivered is the best way to go during this time. However, home delivery is not an option for everyone, so if you are heading out to grab your groceries, here are some tips to help keep you (and others) safe with some social distancing and safety techniques!
- Respect Senior Hours – many grocery stores have designated the first hour for seniors to shop. Make sure to respect this time so they can safely purchase what they need.
- Wash or Sanitize Your Hands – do this before and after you go to the store and don’t touch your face!
- Sanitize Your Cart – As an extra precaution, make sure to sanitize your cart too, since you’ll be touching it often.
- Limit Touching Produce and Shelf Items – Don’t touch the product unless you plan on buying it.
- Keep Your Distance – Stay at least six feet away from everyone, staff and shoppers.
- Avoid Peak Hours – Shop during off hours to avoid crowds and check with your local retailers to see if store hours have changed.
- Keep Trips to an Absolute Minimum – Try to get everything on your shopping list in one trip (but make sure to leave items for others!)
For information on COVID-19, please visit: who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
This post is for informational purposes only, and is not medical advice. Consult your local medical authority for the most up to date guidance and information.