Changing seasons isn’t just about cleaning your home, it’s a perfect opportunity to switch up your routine meals too! We’re sharing four simple spring-inspired recipes that allow you to indulge in new flavor combinations that come together in as little as 20 minutes.
Nothing is as fresh and vibrant as a smoothie bowl for breakfast on a delightful spring morning. This recipe by Minimalist Baker is super easy to make and can be completely customized to your flavor of choice. The combinations are endless with this one, so you can enjoy it all season long without getting bored.
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 banana (frozen and sliced)
- 2-3 tbsp non-dairy milk (or more as needed)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Blend all the ingredients on low and add in the milk slowly while scraping down the sides until you get a smooth consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with your favorite toppings (chia seeds, granola, nut butter, coconut flakes).
Flipp Tip: Use whatever frozen fruit you have on hand to customize it to your liking. Buy bulk packages of mixed frozen fruit to get a better deal that will last you longer.
Savory Breakfast Bowl
Who said breakfast has to be sweet? This is for the savory lovers out there who enjoy something a little more hearty and on the salty side first thing in the morning.
- Heat up tater tots in a pan according to package directions.
- Prepare your eggs the way you like them (fried, scrambled, or boiled).
- Sauté tomatoes and spinach in a pan, until wilted. Add salt and pepper.
- Layer your bowl. Start with your crispy tater tots, then sauteed veggies, eggs, sliced avocado, and then everything bagel seasoning to top it all off.
Flipp Tip: Heat the potatoes in your air fryer to get the best crunch while you prepare your other ingredients.
Vietnamese Spring Roll Bowl
Try saying that five times fast! This refreshing and delicious recipe by Chew Out Loud is a new way to enjoy everyone’s favorite spring rolls.
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tsp sriracha
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 7 oz. dried vermicelli (thin rice noodles)
- Sliced and cooked jumbo shrimp
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Bean sprouts
- Green leaf lettuce
- Mint leaves
- Basil leaves
- Make the peanut sauce by whisking together the peanut butter, soy sauce, lemon juice, sriracha, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Add in water slowly until you get desired consistency.
- Cook noodles to package instructions. Add oil to prevent it from sticking after draining.
- Thinly slice all vegetables.
- Add all your prepared ingredients, top with sauce, and toss to coat.
Flipp Tip: Made too much? Simply wrap whatever’s leftover in rice paper to enjoy later.
Easy Pasta Salad
Take your pasta to the next level with this easy no-bake dish packed with fresh vegetables.
- Bell pepper
- Feta cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Seasonings (Dried parsley, dried oregano, salt, and pepper)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Let cool.
- Prepare vinaigrette by combining olive oil, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- Add your cooked and cooled pasta to a large bowl with your diced vegetables, cheese, and vinaigrette. Toss and enjoy!
Flipp Tip: Buy gluten-free pasta such as one made from brown rice. It’s lighter on the stomach and cooks in less than 10 minutes.
Enjoy a new way of eating this season with these spring-inspired bowl recipes. Make sure to use Flipp to get all the best deals on your ingredient list.