You make your shopping list ahead of time, compare prices, and plan around the weekly sales to get the most bang for your buck. Shopping apps are your compass and great deals, your treasure. Even among the most organized, diligently planning your shopping can be stressful, especially if you’re on a budget.
Our Flipp Chief Deals Officer has put together this guide to help you maximize your savings and minimize the stress of shopping. Whether you’re familiar with the Flipp app, or this is the first time you’re hearing about it, you’ll be surprised by how much you can do with this all-in-one shopping app.
1. Preview ads before they’re live
One of the many great things about Flipp is that you can preview weekly grocery ads one to two days before deals hit the shelves. This way you can plan your shopping while knowing which items will be on sale.
- Go to the “Browse” page on Flipp.
- Scroll to the “Latest” tab at the top of the screen.
- Preview ads in the “Upcoming” section.
2. Shop on a Wednesday or Thursday
If you want to take advantage of the latest deals, then shop on a Wednesday or Thursday. That’s when you’ll usually see deals start to show up in-store. Getting a great deal is almost guaranteed if you have first pick. Check out the valid date for your favorite store’s weekly ad (found in the top left corner) in case they have a different drop day.
3. Clip deals to your shopping list
Remember the days of paper ads? It used to be that you would have to flip back and forth through endless pages of deals trying to find that one specific sale you remembered seeing (or thought you saw). Thanks to the Clipping feature on Flipp, those days are long gone. Just save the deals you like and they’ll instantly be added to your shopping list. Here’s how to do it:
- Open a weekly ad.
- Tap the deal you want to save, and it will instantly be added, or “clipped,” to your shopping list.
- Tap the “List” icon on the bottom right of the screen. You will see your clipped deals in the “My Clippings” section.
4. Add stores to your favorites
Do you shop at the same stores regularly? Add them to your favorites to quickly access their weekly ads.
- Open a weekly ad.
- Tap on the heart icon on the top right to add this store to your favorites.
- To see all your favorite stores, go to the “Browse” page and tap on the heart icon on the top left of the screen.
5. Load coupons to your loyalty card
With Flipp, there’s no need to download multiple coupon apps to save at all your favorite stores. Save instantly at participating stores by clipping coupons directly to your loyalty cards on Flipp.
Flipp Tip: Look for the ‘matchup’ icon on the flyer to know if a coupon can be added to a deal in that week’s ad for additional savings. Want to see all of the coupons available for that store? You can do that by tapping on the coupons tab on the top right of the flyer.
- Go to the “Coupons” page on Flipp, and select the store you want to shop at. You’ll see all of the coupons available to be clipped to your loyalty card.
- Tap a coupon to load it to your card. Don’t have your card loaded? You can easily add your card anytime.
- Once you’re at the store, go to the “Browse” page on Flipp and tap the account icon on the top right (image of a person) to reveal your card and redeem your coupons at checkout.
With these simple tips and tricks, saving time and money on your shopping pre-planning can be a breeze. We know that shopping can be stressful, but we’re here for you! Just keep your eye on the prize and let Flipp do the rest.