It’s true, our daily routines have started to change as we all adapt to social distancing and staying at home. Although many of us are doing our best to keep up with work and house chores, one aspect that can quickly slip away during this time is our fitness routine. Without the gym, or our favorite fitness classes, how will we stay motivated?
We’re sharing five great apps and websites that will help keep you moving, healthy, and motivated during your time at home. Oh, and did we mention they are all free?
- - FitOn: With hundreds of workouts to choose from ranging from Barre/Pilates to HIIT classes, this app and website allows you to tailor your workouts based on your goals.
- - Les Mills: From Body Pump to Body Combat, this temporary site allows free access to over a hundred of your favorite Les Mills workouts. They’ve even set up a children’s workout program called Born to Move, encouraging children 4-16 to get moving too.
- - Yoga with Adriene: If you’re looking for something a little more calming, that will allow you to find your center, try Yoga with Adriene on YouTube. Whether you’re a beginner, intermediate or advanced, Yoga with Adriene has something for everyone.
- - Nike Training Club: With NTC, you get access to over 190 free workouts across strength, endurance, yoga, and mobility targeting your abs, arms, shoulders, glutes, and legs. Sessions range from 15–45 minutes and are designed to help you see and feel results.
- - Peloton: Peloton is your pass to thousands of live and on-demand classes—anywhere, anytime. Get what you need to meet your goals, with a mix of running, strength, toning, cycling, yoga, meditation, and outdoor workouts. It’s totally free for the first 90 days.
If these apps and sites aren’t enough motivation to keep you moving, challenge some of your colleagues and friends to join you virtually, so you don’t feel alone. Working out together, even through a video call, will keep you motivated and accountable.
Stay moving, stay healthy, stay safe!