It’s game day! Whether you’re hosting or attending an event, we have finger food ideas that will wow your taste buds and give everyone something to munch on to ease the nerves. Cheer for your favorite team with these winning recipes that are delicious, easy to make, and use affordable ingredients that can be found on Flipp. Next time you go grocery shopping, don’t forget to add these ingredients to your list!
Take pretzels to the next level with these jalapeno popper pretzel bites by The Domestic Geek. This finger food is soft and pillowy on the outside with a creamy and cheesy filling on the inside. You won’t be able to stop at just one.
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 package active dry yeast, (or 2 ¼ tsp)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 4 cups flour
Flipp Tip: If you’re not into making your own dough, you can use store-bought refrigerated pizza dough for this recipe.
- In a mixing bowl combine warm water, sugar, salt, and yeast. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add melted butter and flour, mix with a dough hook on a mixer (or by hand) and knead for 5 minutes until you get a smooth dough.
- Place in a well oiled bowl and cover to rise for 1 hour.
- Prepare filling by combining all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Separate the dough into 32 pieces and flatten each one to fill with 1 tbsp of the filling. Pinch the ends together and roll to form a ball. Repeat with all the remaining dough.
- In a large pot bring 8-10 cups of water to a boil. Once boiling add ½ cup of baking soda.
- Boil 5 pretzel balls at a time for 30 seconds before moving to a parchment-lined tray. Continue for all dough balls.
- Brush the tops of the boiled balls with egg wash (egg yolk + 1tbsp water).
- Bake at 450F for 15 minutes until golden brown, flipping the tray halfway through.
- Once out of the oven, brush tops with butter mixture (¼ cup melted butter + 1 tsp garlic powder.
These mini sandwiches can be put together using whatever vegetables and bread you have on hand. They’re filling, surprisingly flavorful, and can be customized to make however many you like.
- Spread some mayonnaise and sriracha on the bottom buns of each sandwich.
- Place a slice of cheese.
- Top with vegetables and enjoy!
What makes this recipe by Kevin Is Cooking so easy is that it uses store-bought ingredients such as rotisserie chicken, tortillas, and salsa, saving you time and money! You can even prep these ahead of time for a stress-free setup.
- 1 lb rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 (8 oz) corn can drained or thawed frozen corn
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 flour tortillas (12″ size)
- 2 cups cheese
- Cooking spray or oil
- Heat up oil on a pan over medium heat, and cook chicken and bell pepper.
- Add salsa verde and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add corn, avocado, salt, and pepper and transfer to a bowl.
- Place a tortilla on a pan, cover one side with cheese, top with chicken filling then more cheese on top. Fold in half and cook until golden brown.
Chicken nuggets are a favorite among all. They’re easy to eat and delicious when paired with your go-to dip. However, with meat prices on the rise, you don’t have to worry about overspending with these tofu nuggets by Liv B. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside — they taste like the real deal!
- 1 (12 oz) block of firm tofu
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup flour
- ⅓ cup non-dairy milk
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cut tofu into 12 rectangles.
- Press with a paper towel and or dish towel to remove excess moisture.
- In a bowl combine the bread crumbs, corn starch, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper. Add the flour to another bowl, and the non-dairy milk to a third bowl.
- Dip each piece of tofu in the flour, then the non-dairy milk, and finally in the bread crumb mixture to coat. Repeat with all the tofu.
- Add some oil to a frying pan on medium heat and wait until it is heated. Add the tofu pieces into the pan and fry a few minutes per side until golden.
- Once golden, place on a baking sheet and bake for at 400F 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
These fun cups by The Feathered Nester are packed with flavor and style. This recipe uses frozen tater tots, comes together in your oven in under 30 minutes, and only requires one pan — so cleaning up is just as easy.
- 48-60 frozen tater tots (16-oz bag)
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Spray a muffin pan and place 4-5 tater tots in each cup.
- Bake at 450F for 10 minutes.
- Spray the bottom of a small glass and press tater tots with a twisting motion to create a hole.
- Bake for another 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Add cheese and bake for another 5 minutes until melted.
- Let them cool then garnish with sour cream and green onions.
These recipes will be sure to leave you satisfied, fulfilled, and energized for an exciting day of watching sports. Set them out on a table and let everyone enjoy themselves throughout the game.