The Home Depot provides price matching through its “Price Guarantee” promise. However, the answer to the question, “Does Home Depot price match?” varies by country and by whether you’re looking to shop in-store or online. We’ve outlined everything you need to know to help you determine if you can save a few extra dollars at The Home Depot.
What is price matching?
Price matching, also referred to as a price guarantee, is a practice where a retail location will match the lower advertised price of a competitor — ensuring you always get the best price possible!
Thanks to the free Flipp app, you can easily compare prices from different local retailers in one convenient place to make price matching a breeze. With a few simple steps, you can ensure that you’re getting the best deal possible on the items you need. For more information and general tips on how to price match at The Home Depot and more stores, check out our guide How To Save Money With Price Matching.
Price Matching at The Home Depot U.S.
Here’s what you should keep in mind when price matching at The Home Depot in the United States.
How the Low Price Guarantee works for online purchases:
- Home Depot’s Low Price Guarantee includes the price of the item(s) plus shipping cost. Price match items must be available from competitor to ship to customer’s location. Only requests submitted directly from the person who made the purchase will be honored.
How the Low Price Guarantee works for in-store pre-purchases:
- If you find a current lower price on an identical, in-stock item from any other retailer, Home Depot will match the price. Just bring the ad, printout, or photo with you to the register for validation. (This may involve the associate contacting the competitor).
What items are not included in Home Depot’s Low Price Guarantee?
- Seasonal, discontinued, obsolete, clearance, distressed or going-out-of-business sale merchandise
- Custom or special order products – meaning customized or configured products ( e.g., custom ordered blinds or carpet) from a competitor
- Volume or wholesale discount pricing offered by competitors
- Items sold via a third-party or discount site – meaning any products that are not sold directly by a competing retailer
- Open-box merchandise as well as reconditioned, refurbished or previously discounted products
- Competitor pricing for professional services, including labor and installation costs
- Sales tax is excluded
- Rebates, free offers, or specific one-time-only promotions, including seasonal promotions (such as Spring Black Friday, Black Friday and various holiday promotions), special events and/or bundle offers
For additional information about Home Depot’s Low Price Guarantee, read the policy here. If you’re wondering about other stores that offer price matching in the United States, check out What Stores Price Match in the United States?
Price Matching at The Home Depot Canada
It’s important to note that Home Depot Canada has a price match policy that applies to both in-store and online purchases. The policy states that if you find a lower price at another store, Home Depot will match it as long as it’s the same product, excluding products that are limited in quantity.
What products qualify for Home Depot’s Price Match Guarantee?
- Identical products that are the same make, model and brand
- In-stock products, available for sale at a competitor and at The Home Depot
- Online competitor products that can be shipped to your location
- Products that are not part of our exclusion list
Here’s what you should keep in mind when price matching at The Home Depot Canada.
Price Match and Beat by 10% for Retail Stores:
- If you find a current lower price on an identical, in-stock item from a local retailer’s store or website, Home Depot will match the price and beat it by 10%.
- Prices for online items will be matched to localized online prices if available.
Price Match for Online-Only Stores:
- If you find a current lower price on an identical, in-stock item from a Canadian online-only retailer’s website, Home Depot will price match only. Items from online-only retailers are not eligible for the 10% discount.
- Prices will be matched to localized online prices if available.
At the time a price match is requested, a competitor’s product must be in-stock and for online items, available to ship to your location.
Who does The Home Depot Canada price match?
- The Home Depot will price match identical items from any local or online competitor at the time of your purchase. However, they won’t match prices from Amazon or wholesale retailers like Costco or Sam’s Club.
For additional details on price matching at Home Depot, read the full policy here.
And that’s it! By following these simple steps, you can easily price match at The Home Depot and make sure you’re getting the best deal possible on the items you need. So, next time you’re shopping for home improvement items, don’t forget to check for up-to-date deals on the Flipp app that will help you price match to save BIG. Happy shopping!