Target provides price matching through its “Price Match Guarantee”. Here’s everything you need to know to help you save BIG at Target.
What is price matching?
Price matching, also referred to as a price guarantee, is a practice where a retail location will match the lower advertised price of a competitor — ensuring you always get the best price possible!
Price matching is a great way to save money while shopping at Target! With a few simple steps, you can ensure that you’re getting the best deal possible on the items you need. For more information and general tips on how to price match at Target and more stores, check out our guide How To Save Money With Price Matching.
Price matching at Target
Within 14 days of buying a qualifying item at Target, Target will match the price if:
- You find the identical item for less at Target.com
- You find the identical item at a select online competitor
- You find the identical item on a competitor’s local print ad
The full list of online competitors is available on Target.com or at Guest Services. If you find a current lower price within 14 days after purchase, bring the proof and Target will adjust your payment to the lower price, upon request.
Price matching in-store at Target
- Go to any checkout lane to request a price match.
- Bring proof of the price you want to match – the entire printed ad, digital ad available through Flipp, or retailer’s primary website. Photos or photocopies are not accepted.
- Bring the original receipt if you already purchased the item.
Price matching online at Target.com
- Chat with Target online, or call them directly. You can chat at contactus.target.com.
- Have ready the current price you want to match – the digital ad, approved retailer’s website, or Target store price. Photos or photocopies are not accepted.
- Have your order number and item information ready.
Things to keep in mind when price matching at Target
- It’s an eligible Target product, bought from Target today, or in the past 14 days.
- It’s the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
- It’s in stock at a lower price, right now, from a select list of competitors – on their sites, or in their local print ad.
- The price is lower right now from Target.com or your local Target store.
- Some items are not included in Target’s Price Match Guarantee. See their Price Match Policy for full details.
By simply following these straightforward steps, you can take advantage of Target’s price matching policy and ensure that you get the best possible deal on the items you need. So, the next time you’re shopping for everything from groceries to essentials, don’t forget to give price matching a try and save yourself some money. Happy shopping and enjoy those extra savings!