This delicious appetizer ensures that your holiday gatherings are easy and magical. Using only a few star ingredients, you can make these prosciutto twists that will definitely be the talk of the evening. I use my Flipp app to shop for puff pastry when it’s on sale and keep it in the freezer for when I need it. Just one warning, you might need to make more because they go quickly!
To make 12 twists, you will need:
- 1 roll of puff pastry (package comes with 2 rolls)
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- ½ a round of brie, sliced into thin strips
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley for garnish
- Salt to sprinkle over finished twists
- Thaw out the puff pastry and unroll the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- On one half of the dough, place a layer of brie. Fold the other half over to cover the brie. Take a rolling pin and roll over the dough to pack the two sides together and press in the brie.
- Brush with egg wash and cut into 12 strips using a pizza cutter.
- Cut each slice of prosciutto into 2 long strips that are about the same length and width as your puff pastry strips. Place it on top of each strip and begin to twist. Put the twists on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with just a bit of salt.
- Preheat the oven to 400F and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.