It’s always a good idea to have frozen shrimp on hand. It’s a freezer staple that’s healthy, inexpensive, and protein-packed. It’s versatile enough that it can be pan-seared or placed on the grill. Once cooked, you can add it to your favorite salad, rice, pasta dish, skewers, or my fave, shrimp tacos.
This is my recipe for grilled shrimp marinade. It’s perfect for when you want to add a bit of zest to your shrimp. I recommend using the Flipp app to find the best deals on frozen shrimp, so you can pack your freezer and quickly thaw when you need it.
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper the thawed shrimp.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, soy sauce, dijon mustard, and worcestershire sauce.
- Add the shrimp and let marinate for at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the shrimp on the skewers. Place on the grill.
- Grill on each side for about two minutes or until no longer pink.