Can you believe it’s already back-to-school season again? I must secretly confess that I do love the routines and order that will go down at our house again, but during mealtime, that can sometimes go out the window.
I’m really looking forward to using my air fryer to cut down on cooking times as well as easy recipes that don’t require too much prep time. That’s why I’ve created a recipe that’s sure to eliminate any stress when it comes to the kitchen.
You say you don’t have an air fryer? That’s certainly not a problem. This recipe can be baked too! Just check out the oven notes at the end of this post.
Easy Air Fryer Chicken Parmigiana
(Serves 2–4 people)
You Will Need:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cooked tomato sauce or pizza sauce
- ½ cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 dredging bowls
- Parchment paper
Air Fryer Directions:
- Slice your chicken breasts lengthwise to create two thinner cutlets from one breast.
- Prepare your dredging station by beating the eggs, salt, and pepper in the first bowl, flour in the second bowl, and seasoned breadcrumbs in your third bowl.
- Coat the breasts first in the flour, next in the egg, and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- Prepare your air fryer by lining it with parchment paper. Cut the paper larger than the base of the air fryer so that it goes up the sides a bit to catch any spills.
- Place the coated chicken breasts on the parchment-lined air fryer basket or tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400F. Flip them halfway through and don’t forget to drizzle again with olive oil.
- When the chicken is crispy, take out the basket or tray and spoon 3 tablespoons of sauce on each one. Divide the mozzarella evenly to cover all of the chicken. Bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese gets golden. Let sit a few minutes before serving.
- Prepare the chicken the same way as steps 1–3 above.
- Place them on a parchment-lined baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, and bake in a preheated oven (350F) for 15 minutes on one side and then 15 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the tray and spread the tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese evenly over the cutlets. Bake for another 7–10 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown.