If you love grilled steak and you love baked nachos just as much, why not combine the two to make this super easy and delicious recipe that is sure to get everyone crowded around your backyard patio table. Stock up on these summer staples by checking your Flipp app to find the best deals on tortilla chips, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, and steak. Then, plan your shopping route accordingly.
Serves two people.
Steak Marinade Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 striploin steak (8-10 oz)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- Garlic powder
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup sour cream or tzatziki
- ½ avocado
- 1 lemon
- ⅔ cup cooked corn
- 1 small bag corn tortilla chips (enough to cover 1 small baking tray)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped herbs
- Combine the steak marinade ingredients in a wide, shallow bowl. Let the steak sit in the marinade for 1 hour at room temperature, turning it over often.
- In the meantime, chop your tomatoes and add 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic powder, and salt to the tomatoes. Chop or mash your avocado and squeeze a lemon over it to avoid browning.
- Place the steak on a lightly oiled and cleaned grill over medium heat. Let grill for 2 minutes on one side, flip over and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side. Cook for another 1-2 minutes on each side until you reach desired doneness. Steak should be medium rare. Do not over cook. Set the steak aside for 5 minutes before slicing thinly. (Note: steaks can be pan fried if you don’t have a grill. Cook it over medium high heat for the amount of time indicated above.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- When you are ready to assemble your nachos, place a layer of tortilla chips on a parchment lined baking tray. Cover with tomatoes and corn. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and add the cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
- When the nachos come out of the oven, spread the steak over top, along with sour cream, guacamole and herbs. You can use chopped cilantro, parsley, or basil.
- Broil for 1 minute if you prefer the steak to be hot.