Barbecue chicken biscuits are a perfect make-ahead snack for your next day trip to the beach, the lake, or the park. It’s made with easy to find ingredients, packs well, and will surely please everyone’s taste buds. Make sure to use your Flipp app to find all of the ingredients you need on sale. I always keep a pack of biscuits in the fridge and chicken thighs in the freezer for when I need to make this on a whim.
To make 10 biscuits you will need:
- 1 package Pillsbury biscuits
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup bbq sauce
- 1 tbsp mayo
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- ¼ lemon squeezed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Defrost your chicken and marinate it in olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon. Grill or pan fry for 3–4 minutes on each side. Do not over cook as it will get baked again.
- Remove the chicken from the heat and let it cool. Using a knife, chop the thighs into very small pieces. Add the bbq sauce, mayo, green onion, cheddar, and chopped chicken to a bowl. Combine well.
- Prepare a silicone muffin tray by placing one biscuit in each section. Push down in the middle and press the dough a bit up the sides to create walls. Spoon the chicken mixture into the wells evenly and bake in a preheated oven at 400F for 10–12 minutes.
- Let the biscuits cool before transferring them to a wire rack.
- When they have cooled completely, place the biscuits in an airtight container and place them in the fridge where they will keep for 2–3 days.