TikTok, what started as a social network for user-generated videos — mostly lip-synching — has now become a go-to place for some delicious and innovative food recipes. We’ve had the chance to try a few and wanted to share three of our favorites! We’ve linked the ingredients to the Flipp app to help you find everything you need on sale.
1. Supreme Crunch Wrap
The Taco Bell Supreme Crunch Wrap has always been a crowd pleaser, which is why we were so excited to see that we could now make this wrap at home! In just a few easy steps you can recreate this delicious dish and once you do, you’ll never want to stop. Thank you to Everything Delish for the inspo!
- 2 large tortilla wraps
- 1 tostada*
- ½ package lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- ¼ cup shredded lettuce
- ¼ tomato, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
*You can make your own tostada by taking a large tortilla wrap and placing a bowl in the center. Cut around the bowl to make a smaller tortilla. Coat both sides of the smaller tortilla with olive oil and bake in the oven at 400°F for 4-5 minutes on each side.Directions:
- Heat a large skillet with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Cook beef until browned. Add in taco seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cool for 5-6 minutes. Make sure to drain beef.
- Take a large tortilla wrap and place a bowl in the centre. Cut around the bowl to make a small tortilla.
- Lay a large tortilla on a cutting board. Add ½ cup ground beef to the centre followed by shredded cheese. Add tostada on top, followed by sour cream, tomatoes, and lettuce. Add a small tortilla on top.
- Fold in all of the edges of the large tortilla tightly to the centre. Repeat until the tortilla is completely folded.
- Heat skillet with olive oil. Place the crunch wrap on the skillet (folded side down) for 2-3 minutes until the bottom is browned. Flip and plate. Cut crunch wrap open and serve immediately. Enjoy!
2. Baked Feta Pasta
This baked feta pasta recipe pretty much broke the internet. All of the magic happens in the oven, and the result is so flavorful that you will find yourself making this again and again. Talk about a low-effort high-reward meal! Thank you Feel Good Foodie for showing us how to make this!
- 8 ounces dried cavatappi pasta or pasta of choice
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 8-ounce block feta cheese
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup packed chopped fresh basil plus more for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the cherry tomatoes in an oven-safe baking dish. Pour the olive oil on top and season with salt and pepper. Toss until well combined.
- Place the feta block in the middle of the baking dish surrounded by the cherry tomatoes, and flip a couple times to coat it with the olive oil and seasoning.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, until the cherry tomatoes burst, and the feta cheese melts.
- While the tomatoes and feta are baking, cook the pasta in a pot of salted water according to package instructions until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid in case you’d like to toss it in.
- Immediately add the garlic and basil leaves to the cooked tomatoes and feta and toss everything to combine.
- Transfer the cooked pasta to the baking dish and toss to combine. Garnish with more fresh basil and serve warm.
3. Hot Chocolate Bombs
Now for the grand finale. Bring excitement to your next hot chocolate by making some hot chocolate bombs! We promise they are worth every minute they take to make. Thanks to I am a Food Blog for the breakdown and to Cooking with Ayeh for showing us how it’s done!
- Half circle silicone mold
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave. Use 15 second bursts, stirring in between until everything is smooth and pourable. It will take about 1-2 minutes.
- Scoop some chocolate into the mold and use the back of a spoon or pastry brush to push the melted chocolate around the molds, making it thick enough along the sides and edges.
- Place the molds into the freezer for 5-10 minutes or in the fridge for 30 minutes to set. A couple of minutes into them setting, take them out and brush/spoon extra chocolate on the top edges to make it thicker. Let set completely, then carefully pop the chocolate dome out of the mold and set aside on a cold plate.
- Microwave an empty plate for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until warm, but not hot. Take one chocolate dome and place it on the plate for a couple of seconds to melt the edges. Working quickly, flip it around and add 1 tablespoon hot cocoa powder and mini marshmallows and any other add-ins you want.
- Take another dome and melt its edge on the warm plate. Join the two domes together into a sphere and hold until sealed. Let set in the fridge or freezer while you make the rest of your spheres.
- To serve: Put into a mug, pour on warm milk (or hot chocolate!) and watch the magic! Stir everything up and enjoy.
These viral TikTok food trends are totally worth it so give them a try and let us know how it goes! Tag us on Instagram (@getflipp) or on Facebook! Don’t forget to use the Flipp app to find the best deals on all the ingredients you need to make these viral recipes a reality!